Thursday, April 2, 2009

Standing Confident in His Love

Advanced EXCEL was going to be a challenge and I knew that before I had even signed up. I was not old enough but God willed that I would be accepted anyway. I was not well enough but God spoke through my father and I had to go. 

At the DMC everything was going great. I was learning so much and I could not have been enjoying the fellowship of my sweet teammates anymore than I was. After our Big Sandy camping trip I felt ready for anything, especially the home practicum. I had a plan and, like I said before, everything was going great.

Then, the unthinkable happened. I got sick and was stuck in my room for two days straight before going to the hospital. I was admitted for almost three days, one of which was my birthday, and then I went home. I had five more days left before the practicum.

AE is challenging enough by itself but God saw fit to throw some more obstacles in my way. I wish I knew why. I wish I understood. I wish God would show me why. 

If I knew why then maybe I would not be so discouraged. Perhaps I would have a better attitude about my trials. I could be an encouragement to others in the midst of their storms. Maybe I would trust God more. If only I knew why.

God's already shown me why, though. He told me to ask and I will receive. I asked and I did receive His answer. He did not explain a whole lot about why He allowed my circumstances or what He intends to do through them. He only said three words but they are all I need to hear.

                                        
I LOVE YOU.



1 comment:

  1. Kristen,

    If you only knew what an encouragement you are to me. Every time we talk God shows me something new. You are so precious to me and I am so glad that God placed you into my life. Thank you for being there for me and listening when I needed to vent. I love you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete